Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Life & Times of Louis & Amber - Foolish Decisions

I've recently, as in the last 24 hours, come to the conclusion that the most over-rated holiday song is "No Place Like Home For the Holidays". I hereby give permission that if you hear me say that we should take our furlough anytime between the months of November and March, you may slap me upside the head and tell me to snap out of it.

On that note, a special thank you to my cousins, Korey & Laura Pearson, for graciously hosting us last night. And by last night, I mean the whole night, as we were unable to return home due to the 16 inches of snow that fell on central Iowa.

Also, we want to express our gratitude to my Aunt Chris, who hosted us for 5 hours this afternoon, after we foolishly left Korey & Laura's house in the midst of a 30 year blizzard. Fortunately, we realized at the edge of town that we were being a bit foolhardy and we turned right around, parked in someone's yard and hiked a block and a half to her townhome, which has yet to be dug out.

Before leaving Korey & Laura's we were able to help with some shoveling, wondering the entire time why we chose to leave sunny South Africa for a Midwestern winter. Here are some photos to enjoy:




No comments:

Post a Comment