Monday, December 29, 2008

The Life & Times of Louis & Amber - You Have Been Warned


So yesterday morning I awaken to see a 3 year old standing over my head straddling my pillow. Looking back, I should have known that something foul was afoot, but my brain was still trying to clear the melatonin from my system. As I look up at her, she realizes I am awake. Promptly, she says "Dad, don't tell me not to jump on your head". Don't be fooled by the photo. She's neither as cute nor as innocent as she looks.

Again, when I first realized she was in such close proximity I should have immediately sought cover. You know what they say about hindsight. Unfortunately, I also wasn't thinking clearly enough to take a picture of my swollen lip, which I obviously sustained from a 3 year old jumping on my head. In her defense, she didn't disobey. I'm beginning to think it was a premeditated act. She needs to learn another old saying, "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission".

3 comments:

  1. From Robin,
    Sounds like our Merideth for sure! And Drake has grown so much even since we have been there. Please tell all of the kids hello for me. I ma hoping to come back in one of the upcoming trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rofl!!! I can't stop laughing! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, I hope you've stopped laughing by now. Otherwise, maybe you should be restrained.

    ReplyDelete