Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The LIfe and Times - Homework :-(

For a long time our focus has been "build, build, build".  Now that we have children, that has changed quite a bit.  In addition to construction, our duties now include all the things that we need to do to adequately care for these children and allow them the opportunity to thrive.  The dual focus is now "build, nurture, build, nuture".






One major addition to my duties is schoolwork and homework.  Everyday we have children who come home with assignments to complete.  Motshidisi and Dieketseng are our two oldest children.  While the others come home needing to work on their ABC's or 2+2, these two are a bit more complicated.  Dieketseng just started algebra this past term.

Since Amber is homeschooling Meredith, most of the homework duty falls on me.  My main exposure to algebra was "helping" my cousins Laura and Molly with their homework back in the day.  That was almost 15 years ago.  So while it's not complicated, there are some challenges trying to refresh myself, especially since the curriculum they use has a little bit different vocabulary than I learned.

So I'd say you all can make this an issue of prayer for us.  And maybe pray for Abigail Hall too!  She is our newest missionary appointee with Restoring Hope Village, and hopefully will be joining us within the next 12 months.  We think that she'll be able to help out quite a bit with homework.  I hope she's all brushed up on her algebra!






Abby Hall, the newest member of the RHI Staff!


1 comment:

  1. Ummm . . . Louis? I'm TERRIBLE at Math! I had an algebra tutor and STILL only got a C.

    ReplyDelete