Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Life & Times of Louis & Amber - Marriage Counseling

I don't remember this advice coming up in Counseling Class at Bible College.  Thankfully, this doesn't fit my wife, whom I love with all my heart.  The following tips come from Red Skelton, apparently.




1. Two times a week we go to a nice restaurant, have a little
    beverage, good food and companionship.  She goes on 
   Tuesdays; I go on Fridays..


2. We also sleep in separate beds.  Hers is in California , and mine 

    is in Texas.                         

3. I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.


4. I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our 
   
anniversary.  'Somewhere I haven't been in a long
   time!' she said.  So I suggested the kitchen.


5. We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops..


6. She has an electric blender, electric toaster and electric 
     
bread maker.  She said 'There are too many gadgets, 
     
and no place to sit down!' So I bought her an electric chair.


7. My wife told me the car wasn't running well because there 

    was water in the carburetor.  I asked where the car 
    was. She told me, 'In the lake.'

8. She got a mud pack, and looked great for two days. 

    Then the mud fell off.

9. She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, 'Am I too late for 
    
the garbage?' The driver said, 'No, jump in!'


10.  Remember: Marriage is the number one cause of divorce.


11. I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was 
Always.

12. I haven't spoken to my wife in 18 months.  I don't  like to interrupt her.

13. The last fight was my fault though..  My wife asked, 'What's on the TV?'

      I said, 'Dust!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment