Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Life & Times of Louis & Amber - Meredith "Quote of the Day"


Meredith was listening to Patch the Pirate this evening.  Specifically she was listening to Camp Kookawaka Woods which talks about the return of Christ at the Rapture, when all those who have trusted Him alone for forgiveness of sins will be taken to Heaven.  For anyone who is not familiar with Patch the Pirate stories, I highly recommend them for teaching Biblical truths to young children.

So the last song is called "Listen for the Trumpet", a reference to I Thessalonians 4, which describes Christ's return as being accompanied by the Trumpet of God.  Amber & I believe that Meredith truly understands what salvation means.  I ask Meredith if she understands that Jesus is coming back to get those of us who believe in Him, hoping to prompt a good conversation about God.

When I say "Meredith, did you know that Jesus really is coming back to take us to Heaven?" she responds "Yeah, it's a good thing I'm packing my things."  And when I looked, there she was loading all her most important toys into a backpack.  So while she obviously understands many Biblical truths, it is also clear that some are still a bit over her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment