Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Life & Times - Sage Advice

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week Amber and I get to go away - away from our home, away from our children, away from work, emails, computer, everything.  It's our first chance to get away as a couple since Valentine's Day 2010 (I know, I know...boohoohoo).  But we are really looking forward to it.

A family friend, Paddy, is watching Meredith and Drake while we're gone.  Paddy has two puppies, loves to sew and do crafts, and always gives the kids sweets - in other words, a perfect grandmotherly figure.  Meredith and Drake have been looking forward to staying with her for almost two weeks now, maybe more than Amber and I are anticipating our mini vacation.

I think Meredith may have a family counseling occupation in her future.  Why, just today she informed us "sometimes children just really need time away from their parents."  So apparently burnout can go both ways:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment